-   -   Copying formulas in excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/42736-copying-formulas-excel.html)

antonis

Copying formulas in excel

I have the column A full with 252 entries. The formula I apply between cells
A2 and A1 is:
ln(A2/A1)
and I get a result.
I want to copy this formula but in a way that the Excel itself to perform
the following calculation:
ln(A3/A2)
ln(A4/A4)
ln(A5/A4)
etc.
I would be pleased if someone could tell me if I can achieve that.
--
antonis

TommySzalapski

Click on the first cell with a formula in it. A small black square
should be at the bottom right corner of the outline of the cell. Click
and drag this cell down; it should copy the formula the way you want.

Szalapski

--
TommySzalapski
TommySzalapski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25561