ExcelBanter

-   -   Copy buttons by rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/42704-copy-buttons-rows.html)

Optitron August 28th 05 11:05 AM

Copy buttons by rows

I'm learning Excel by myself and I've run into something I can't figure
out. I have a button at the end of a row that takes 4 seperate cells
from that row and puts them in 4 seperate cells on another sheet. I
want to be able to make 1000 buttons that will be at the end of each
row that takes the data from that row and puts it on another sheet just
so I can print it, but I don't want to make them one at a time. Unless
there is another way....

--
Optitron
Optitron's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26729

Dave Peterson August 28th 05 02:01 PM

I think I'd put the button in row 1 (shift the other stuff down).

Then window|freeze panes so that row 1 is always visible.

And modify the macro to use the row that has the activecell.

Optitron August 28th 05 02:46 PM

OK, I froze the button. Now how do I modify the macro? I'm trying to
program this sheet so that anyone can use it, even a Marine.

bigwheel August 28th 05 05:30 PM

What have you got so far with your single button at the end of the row?

Dave Peterson August 28th 05 06:44 PM

Do you take the data from each row, populate the other worksheet, then print,
then get the next row and repeat?

If yes, then maybe selecting all the rows you want to use makes more sense??

And I made some assumptions--sheet names, cell addresses and the like:

Option Explicit
Sub testme()
Dim prtWks As Worksheet
Dim actWks As Worksheet
Dim myRng As Range
Dim myCell As Range
Dim iRow As Long

Set actWks = ActiveSheet
Set prtWks = Worksheets("Sheet2")

Set myRng = Intersect(Selection.EntireRow, actWks.Range("a:a"))

With prtWks
For Each myCell In myRng.Cells
iRow = myCell.Row
.Range("a1").Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "b").Value
.Range("c99").Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "x").Value
.Range("b3").Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "C").Value
.Range("d4").Value = actWks.Cells(iRow, "A").Value
Application.Calculate
.PrintOut preview:=True
Next myCell
End With
End Sub

I put the info in column B into A1
X into C99
C into B3
A into D4

I also called the sheet to be printed Sheet2.

Change those things and test it out.

When/if you're happy, get rid of the preview:=true portion. (That's just to
save some trees!)

Optitron August 28th 05 06:52 PM

All I have is single buttons that I have to record a macro for each
time. A thousand buttons will take me a week to record. I need a
quicker, easier way.

bigwheel August 28th 05 08:08 PM

I have a button at the end of a row that takes 4 seperate cells
from that row and puts them in 4 seperate cells on another sheet

What is in the macro code?

Optitron August 28th 05 08:43 PM

I copied everything and changed "sheet2" to what it was and the B, X, C,
and A back to what they were and I get an error. When I leave B, X, C,
and A the same I get a print preview of the form but it doesn't have
the info.