-   -   suming all specific cell in subsheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/42599-suming-all-specific-cell-subsheets.html)

[email protected]

suming all specific cell in subsheets

I have a simple register for my envelope accounting. On the first
sheet, I have
the actual bank register, while on the remaining sheets, I keep track
of 'virtual' registers. I would like to have a specific cell on each
'virtual' sheet which has the ending balance for that sheet, say a7.
On the first sheet, I would like to have the all the other sheet's a7
sumed so I can check against real balance. How can I do that?

Thanks.

George Gee

You could use a helper column, (on your first sheet)

In Say P1 =Sheet2!A7
In P2 =Sheet3!A7 etc..........

In A7 (on your first sheet) =SUM(P1:P10)

HTH

George Gee

wrote:
I have a simple register for my envelope accounting. On the first
sheet, I have
the actual bank register, while on the remaining sheets, I keep track
of 'virtual' registers. I would like to have a specific cell on each
'virtual' sheet which has the ending balance for that sheet, say a7.
On the first sheet, I would like to have the all the other sheet's a7
sumed so I can check against real balance. How can I do that?

Thanks.

[email protected]

I agree. That would work. However, I add new 'virtual' accounts all
the time and I was hoping there would be a way for them to be picked up
automatically.

Thanks.

wrote:
I have a simple register for my envelope accounting. On the first
sheet, I have
the actual bank register, while on the remaining sheets, I keep track
of 'virtual' registers. I would like to have a specific cell on each
'virtual' sheet which has the ending balance for that sheet, say a7.
On the first sheet, I would like to have the all the other sheet's a7
sumed so I can check against real balance. How can I do that?

Thanks.

Don Guillett

If you want a sum of all sheets cell a7 use
=sum(firstsheetname:lastsheetname!a7)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a simple register for my envelope accounting. On the first
sheet, I have
the actual bank register, while on the remaining sheets, I keep track
of 'virtual' registers. I would like to have a specific cell on each
'virtual' sheet which has the ending balance for that sheet, say a7.
On the first sheet, I would like to have the all the other sheet's a7
sumed so I can check against real balance. How can I do that?

Thanks.

[email protected]

How can I change this to something like:

=sum(worksheets(2):worksheets(worksheets.count-1:!a7)

(since the sheetnames can change)

Thanks.

Peo Sjoblom

That is what Don meant by using 2 empty dummy sheets, if you always insert
the new sheets between
the 2 dummies you can always use the same formula

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

ps.com...