-   -   Duplicates - deleting to get just unique ones (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/42078-duplicates-deleting-get-just-unique-ones.html)

koncept

Duplicates - deleting to get just unique ones

I have 2 lists of words. Some words from list 2. are on list 1. too.
Now I merge these lists into one list.
How can I obtain just unique words or unique words on the top of the
merged list?

TIA

gls858

koncept wrote:
I have 2 lists of words. Some words from list 2. are on list 1. too.
Now I merge these lists into one list.
How can I obtain just unique words or unique words on the top of the
merged list?

TIA

Check out this link provided by Pearson Software Consulting

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...tingDuplicates

gls858

swatsp0p

Make sure your column has a Header name (e.g. in A1 enter "List") then
apply DataFilterAdvanced Filter...check Unique Records Only.

HTH

Bruce

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=398630

koncept

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 10:52:35 -0500, swatsp0p
wrote:

Make sure your column has a Header name (e.g. in A1 enter "List") then
apply DataFilterAdvanced Filter...check Unique Records Only.

HTH

Bruce

Thank you for your reply.
Another problem is what to do to obtain just (!) those unique words?
(I mean words that don't exist on the other list - duplicates should
be deleted both).