-   -   Simple formula for newbie! (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/41017-simple-formula-newbie.html)

TC

Simple formula for newbie!

Hi

Simple question, as just starting with formulas!! But..

I need a formula whereby if cell D1 = 10, then multiply E1*D1. Else
multiply F1*D1.

Thanks!
TC

Domenic

Try...

=IF(D1=10,E1*D1,F1*D1)

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"TC" wrote:

Hi

Simple question, as just starting with formulas!! But..

I need a formula whereby if cell D1 = 10, then multiply E1*D1. Else
multiply F1*D1.

Thanks!
TC

Bill Ridgeway

TC

You'd almost got it! Try -

=IF(D1=10,E1*D1,F1*D1)

The IF - THEN - ELSE structure of your question marks you out as a probable
basic programmer and with it your possible age.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"TC" wrote in message
Hi

Simple question, as just starting with formulas!! But..

I need a formula whereby if cell D1 = 10, then multiply E1*D1. Else
multiply F1*D1.

Thanks!
TC

Route2391

I got a lot of my begginer help on this site... cool
They teach you by making a, Time sheet, Invoice and cheek book from
scratch on Windows media Player very cool

www.MDOTutorials.com

--
Route2391
Route2391's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26774