-   -   Date Calculations (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/39074-date-calculations.html)

Jinglepaws

Date Calculations

The easiest solution to my problem would be to locate an Excel
spreadsheet for Federal Government Retirement calculations (FERS) but I
can’t seem to find one.

Barring that, I need help with calculations on my retirement worksheet.
First, I need the formula to correctly calculate my adjusted retirement
service start date subtracting out Government time which counted for
on-the job benefits but not retirement benefits. I’ve already
calculated the time for each individual non-credit time period involved
(years, months, days format). I now need to take these non-credit time
period totals and subtract them from my original Service start date
(M/DD/YY format) and come up with an a new, adjusted service start date
(in MM/DD/YY format). I would also like right formula to use to
calculate an accurate retirement eligibility date. I am having trouble
with accuracy (related to the 30 day months used by Excel in its
calculations). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Jinglepaws
Jinglepaws's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25983