-   -   linking (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/38363-linking.html)

SLLD

linking

I have a spreadsheet with numbers in left column
Words in right one
when I put a number in the 1st colum of a linked sheet , I want the words to
be transfered to the right one
TIA
Jim

Anne Troy

Jim, you may want to try something like this:
http://www.officearticles.com/tutori...soft_excel.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"SLLD" wrote in message
.. .
I have a spreadsheet with numbers in left column
Words in right one
when I put a number in the 1st colum of a linked sheet , I want the words

be transfered to the right one
TIA
Jim

Debra Dalgleish

You can use a VLookup formula to return the words that match the number
you've entered. There's information on VLookup in Excel's Help, and
instructions and examples he

and another sample with instructions he

http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html

--