-   -   Linking Excel and Word (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/37695-linking-excel-word.html)

Ria

Linking Excel and Word

I am a teacher and have a Student Report template in word. Also all my
students info in mail merging. I would like to enter my students grades into
an Excel spreadsheet; link it to word and use the mailmerging feature to
print all these reports at once. I have not been able to figure out how to
get the grades of each student to link to that particular students report
card. Is there a way of perhaps making a "name" field in Excel and one in
Word so the right grades would go the right students report?

I hope someone will understand what I am trying to do.

Thanx

bigwheel

In Excel, you need headings for the fields for you student data (which
presumably you have already) then in Word, create a merge document
(ToolsMail MergeCreate) Select your data source (the Excel workbook) the
edit your Word document and add the fields where necessary using the
Mail-Merge toolbar