revor

Default worksheet protection reminder

I am a newbie here, so please pardon my ignorance. At times I have to
prepare for a small business, customers proposals and have to use many
mathematical formulae. I often forget to lock and hide the cells and
customers can see our formulae. Not good.

I wondered if anyone can help me with a way to automatically remind me
to protect the worksheet upon saving the file after working on it or
editing, so that I won't ever email an unprotected sheet by mistake
again. Thanks in advance.

revor.

--
revor
revor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25336

JE McGimpsey

First, you should know that it takes about 30 seconds, for anyone with
enough gumption to find these newsgroups, to bypass worksheet protection:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html

and have access to your formulae.

You could set a reminder in a Workbook_BeforeSave() event macro. Put
this in your ThisWorkbook code module:

Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave( _
ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean)
Dim nResult As Long
nResult = MsgBox( _
"Did you protect the worksheet?", _
Buttons:=vbYesNo)
Cancel = nResult = vbNo
End Sub

In article ,
revor wrote:

I am a newbie here, so please pardon my ignorance. At times I have to
prepare for a small business, customers proposals and have to use many
mathematical formulae. I often forget to lock and hide the cells and
customers can see our formulae. Not good.

I wondered if anyone can help me with a way to automatically remind me
to protect the worksheet upon saving the file after working on it or
editing, so that I won't ever email an unprotected sheet by mistake
again. Thanks in advance.

revor

Thank you, JE McGimpsey. I will certainly try your recommendations.

revor.

--
revor
revor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25336
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388141

Roger Govier

What JE says about protection is absolutely correct.
I would copy the range of data and Paste SpecialValues to another workbook
to send to the client.
That way, there is no possibility of them seeing your calculations.

If you have special formatting of your proposal, then make a blank template
with the formatting set up and Paste Special the values in.

--
Regards
Roger Govier