-   -   Calculate Due Date? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/34751-calculate-due-date.html)

Randy

Calculate Due Date?

I need a formula that will calculate a due date 10 days from the start
date (a1)but if the date falls on a weekend or holiday I need the date
to be the next working day.

I will have a list of holidays in J2:J50.

Thanks for any help..........

Bob Phillips

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Randy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need a formula that will calculate a due date 10 days from the start
date (a1)but if the date falls on a weekend or holiday I need the date
to be the next working day.

I will have a list of holidays in J2:J50.

Thanks for any help..........

Bob Phillips

Don't you just want to use NETWORKDAYS, it handles weekends and holidays.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Randy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need a formula that will calculate a due date 10 days from the start
date (a1)but if the date falls on a weekend or holiday I need the date
to be the next working day.

I will have a list of holidays in J2:J50.

Thanks for any help..........

Bernie Deitrick

See my response to your first post. No need to multi-post.

--
HTH,
Bernie

"Randy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need a formula that will calculate a due date 10 days from the start
date (a1)but if the date falls on a weekend or holiday I need the date
to be the next working day.

I will have a list of holidays in J2:J50.

Thanks for any help..........

Bernie Deitrick

Bob,

The OP only wants to change the date if the end date falls on a weekend, not if the 10 date period
covers a weekend (which it always will).

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Don't you just want to use NETWORKDAYS, it handles weekends and holidays.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Randy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I need a formula that will calculate a due date 10 days from the start
date (a1)but if the date falls on a weekend or holiday I need the date
to be the next working day.

I will have a list of holidays in J2:J50.

Thanks for any help..........

Bob Phillips

Ah, me might say that bus does he mean it. I struggle to think of a reason
to have that algorithm, so I make a suggestion based upon a more likely
(IMO) premise. He can take notice or ignore, it's his choice.

Bob

"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org wrote in message
Bob,

The OP only wants to change the date if the end date falls on a weekend,

not if the 10 date period
covers a weekend (which it always will).

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Don't you just want to use NETWORKDAYS, it handles weekends and

holidays.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips