-   -   Text writign in merged rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/34608-text-writign-merged-rows.html)

macho

Text writign in merged rows

\sometimes, I merge several rows and write my comments.
Let's say. three rows are merged to form a big box.
When I write texts, it starts from the bottom of the merged box (i.e., row).
I could not figure out how to write texts from the top of the merged box.
Regards, Craig

Ragdyer

<Format <Cells <Alignment tab,
Expand the "Vertical" box and choose "Top".
--
HTH,

RD

"macho" wrote in message
\sometimes, I merge several rows and write my comments.
Let's say. three rows are merged to form a big box.
When I write texts, it starts from the bottom of the merged box (i.e.,

row).
I could not figure out how to write texts from the top of the merged box.
Regards, Craig

Max

Click Format Cells Alignment tab
Make the settings as:
Horizontal: Left (Indent)
Vertical: Top
Click OK
--
Rgds
Max
"macho" wrote in message
\sometimes, I merge several rows and write my comments.
Let's say. three rows are merged to form a big box.
When I write texts, it starts from the bottom of the merged box (i.e.,

row).
I could not figure out how to write texts from the top of the merged box.
Regards, Craig

macho

Thanks Raddyer,
That was a pain all my life.