-   -   How do I create a counter for invoices, order numbers etc (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/33897-how-do-i-create-counter-invoices-order-numbers-etc.html)

nolanpatrick

How do I create a counter for invoices, order numbers etc

Our new business is creating invoice, order number etc templates and we are
wondering if it is possible to have excel automatically apply the next number
as each document is created for each new transaction? If so how is it done?
If not, are there any other Microsoft Office programs that have this feature?

Anne Troy

Click here and do a search for "Invoice":
http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/kblist.php
You'll find several options.

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"nolanpatrick" wrote in message
Our new business is creating invoice, order number etc templates and we

are
wondering if it is possible to have excel automatically apply the next

number
as each document is created for each new transaction? If so how is it

done?
If not, are there any other Microsoft Office programs that have this

feature?

Gord Dibben

See JE McGimpsey's site for help on this.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html

Gord Dibben Excel MVP