-   -   Can't Display colour (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/33638-cant-display-colour.html)

AJM1949

Can't Display colour

I have come across a computer that won't display any colours except
black/white in Excel 2003 workbooks that have colours that show up OK on
other computers. eg. Changing font colours/cell shading etc doesn't show on
the worksheet. I've looked throught the help files but haven't found any info
regarding this. It's probably very simple. Am I missing something obvious?
Any suggestions on how to get colours to display would be much appreciated.
--
AJM1949

garfield-n-odie

If colors display on the screen correctly, but print in black and white, then
click on File | Page Setup | Sheet | uncheck the "Black and white" box | OK.
If colors print correctly, but display on the screen as black and white, then
click on Start | Control Panel | Accessibility Options | Display | uncheck
the "Use high contrast" box | OK.

"AJM1949" wrote:

I have come across a computer that won't display any colours except
black/white in Excel 2003 workbooks that have colours that show up OK on
other computers. eg. Changing font colours/cell shading etc doesn't show on
the worksheet. I've looked throught the help files but haven't found any info
regarding this. It's probably very simple. Am I missing something obvious?
Any suggestions on how to get colours to display would be much appreciated.
--
AJM1949

AJM1949

Thanks for the info-colours do not display correctly in Excel, but are OK in
other programs eg Word. Unfortunately your other suggestion made no
difference. It seems to me that the problem is somewhere in Excel's default
settings.
--
AJM1949

"AJM1949" wrote:

I have come across a computer that won't display any colours except
black/white in Excel 2003 workbooks that have colours that show up OK on
other computers. eg. Changing font colours/cell shading etc doesn't show on
the worksheet. I've looked throught the help files but haven't found any info
regarding this. It's probably very simple. Am I missing something obvious?
Any suggestions on how to get colours to display would be much appreciated.
--
AJM1949

Bob Phillips

See if this helps

Changes to fill color and fill pattern are not displayed in Office programs

--
HTH

Bob Phillips