-   -   More on Macros - Excel 97 (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/33618-more-macros-excel-97-a.html)

Abay

More on Macros - Excel 97

I realize that I also need to be able to refer in relative terms to the
workbook next to the current workbook.. So what I need to is to cut and
paste the value of a cell from a workbook to the left of the current one
into the current cell. i.e. cut and paste from workbook B into workbook A
using relativity so to speak. I want to use the macro for a number of
paired work books in the spread sheet. Work book B is always to the left
of Work book A.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Abay

Abay

Yes, mixed work books and work sheets up in my post .. apologies, really am
a newbie .. abay

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
I assume by workbook you mean worksheet

activesheet.previous.Range("A1").Copy Destination:=ActiveCell

Tom Ogilvy

"Abay" wrote in message
I realize that I also need to be able to refer in relative terms to the
workbook next to the current workbook.. So what I need to is to cut and
paste the value of a cell from a workbook to the left of the current one
into the current cell. i.e. cut and paste from workbook B into workbook A
using relativity so to speak. I want to use the macro for a number of
paired work books in the spread sheet. Work book B is always to the left
of Work book A.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Abay

Abay

Thanks Tom for you suggestion, but I am having trouble getting what I want
to work. The following works fine when I use absolute references to the
work sheet names.

Sub Uhrs()
'
' Updated hrs Macro
' Macro recorded 7/3/05 by Abay
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+h
'
Sheets("MSH").Select
Range("B29").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("M. Stevanak").Select
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=
_
False, Transpose:=False
End Sub

I get the values from B29 in MSH work sheet into the current cell in work
sheet "M. Stevanak". When I tried to add in your code (I am at the state of
always recording macros, not proficient in VB code as you may have guessed)
I keep getting errors .. obviously I am doing it wrong:(

Some more help would really be appreciated.

abay

Koen_VN

Hi Abay,

As far as I understand, it seems that you are :
* selecting data in a specific cell from a specific sheet;
* then trying to copy it in another sheet in a specific cell.

I'll try to help but I don't understand what you would like to
do afterwards with the copied data.

Koen

--
Koen_VN