-   -   Macro Excel 97 (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/33617-macro-excel-97-a.html)

Abay

Macro Excel 97

I am pretty much a newbie at Excel and would like to create a Macro for the
following: (know how to create and edit macros etc.)

Take the value from a cell in worksheet A and paste it into the current cell
(where the mouse pointer is when the macro is executed) in worksheet B .. am
at a loss at how to tell the macro to paste into the current cell ......
apologies if this is a really stupid question ..

Any help would be much appreciated.
..

Abay

Alan

Try

Sheet1.Range("A1").Copy
Sheet2.Select
ActiveCell.PasteSpecial xlPasteAll

Regards,
Alan.
"Abay" wrote in message
I am pretty much a newbie at Excel and would like to create a Macro for the
following: (know how to create and edit macros etc.)

Take the value from a cell in worksheet A and paste it into the current
cell
(where the mouse pointer is when the macro is executed) in worksheet B ..
am
at a loss at how to tell the macro to paste into the current cell ......
apologies if this is a really stupid question ..

Any help would be much appreciated.
.

Abay

Abay

I will give it a try .. many thanks.

abay

"Abay" wrote in message
I am pretty much a newbie at Excel and would like to create a Macro for

the
following: (know how to create and edit macros etc.)

Take the value from a cell in worksheet A and paste it into the current
cell
(where the mouse pointer is when the macro is executed) in worksheet B

am
at a loss at how to tell the macro to paste into the current cell ......
apologies if this is a really stupid question ..

Any help would be much appreciated.
.

Abay

Gord Dibben

Abay

Without the selecting part..........

Sub copy()
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").copy _
Destination:=ActiveCell
End Sub

OR if want value only........

Sub copy2()
ActiveCell.Value = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP