Jerry Cropanese

Default Remove Subtotal In Macro Not Working

Hello,

I built a macro using excel 97 that does a subtotal of a list of 100 - 5000
rows x 6 columns and later removes the subtotal. This macro took
approximately 15 to 30 seconds to run using excel 97 under a win 98
platform. We finally upgraded to win xp and excel 2002. As soon as the
macro runs the line "Selection.RemoveSubtotal", the whole thing reduces to a
crawl and I end up having to blow off excel or it will sit for over 1/2
hour.

I tried to run the macro to the point where the problem line exists and then
do the remove subtotal manually but I receive the same result.

Can you see any reason for this problem?

Thanks,

Jerry

Selection.SUBTOTAL GroupBy:=3, Function:=xlCount, TotalList:=Array(3,
5), _
Replace:=True, PageBreaks:=False, SummaryBelowData:=True
Columns("G:H").Select
Selection.ClearContents
Range("G2").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(RC[-2]=RC[-4],""X"","""")"
Range("H2").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=R[1]C[-1]"
Range("B2").Select
Selection.End(xlDown).Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "x"
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "x"
Range("G2:H2").Select
Selection.Copy
Range(ActiveCell, ActiveCell.End(xlDown)).Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Selection.Copy
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=
_
False, Transpose:=False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Range("A2").Select