-   -   Those blo**y Formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/31849-those-blo%2A%2Ay-formulas.html)

jhill

Those blo**y Formulas

HI All - I have creatsed a list of creditors in column a that vary from
a-z. i have got 3 or 4 diffrent suppliers for each letter and and each
supplier is totaled.
Iwould like a formula that sum up only the total of each individual
supplier. Is this possibile.???

Help greatly appreciated
Thanks

--
jhill
jhill's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23274

paul

sumif! if your suppliers are in say A1:a50,and your numbers are in b1:b50.I
dont know how you would refer to your suppliers to extract their data but
say you type their name in cell c1,=sumif(A1:A50,indirect('"C1"),B1:B50)The
only caveat here is your typing in cell c1 must be EXACTLY the same as the
supplier name in the list
I used a drop down list to choose my supplier name,using the actual
suppliers list(a1:a50)-
paul
remove nospam for email addy!