-   -   Reducing the size of a woorsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/30176-reducing-size-woorsheet.html)

Bud Reid

Reducing the size of a woorsheet

Hi:

I have been given a sheet with 200 rows.

Rows 10 through 200 are identical.

The print area is rows 1 through 30.

I want to delete rows 31 through 200 so that it may be used in another
program.

How do I do this? Highlighting the rows and deleting deletes the contents
but does not reduce the size of the woorksheet.

Help please.

Thanks .....Bud

JMB

Do you mean it doesn't reduce the size of the worksheet when you try to print?

Try File/Print Area/Clear Print Area.

Also, instead of just deleting the rows you don't need, try Edit/Clear/All.
This will remove any formatting.

"Bud Reid" wrote:

Hi:

I have been given a sheet with 200 rows.

Rows 10 through 200 are identical.

The print area is rows 1 through 30.

I want to delete rows 31 through 200 so that it may be used in another
program.

How do I do this? Highlighting the rows and deleting deletes the contents
but does not reduce the size of the woorksheet.

Help please.

Thanks .....Bud

Gary Smith

Highlight rows 31 through 200, then click Edit, Delete.

--
Gary L. Smith
Columbus, Ohio

Bud Reid

Hi:

Thanks for the reply.

To do what I want I had to select A31 and then "ctl end" and then do the
delete.

Thanks again.

....Bud