-   -   notepad to excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/29982-notepad-excel.html)

jeremy via OfficeKB.com

notepad to excel

I have file in notepad and have to change a lot of entries. When i paste
it into excel, the values are in the same column. I think I can only edit
how i want if the values are in separate columns? is there an easy way to
do this?
thanks

jeremy

Barb R.

Assuming they are delimited well, you can use DATA - TEXT TO COLUMNS. Come
back if you have more questions.