Kyle

Default Template

Here is my situation. Every month export two reports from QuickBooks into
Excel. Report #1 is on one sheet and report #2 is on sheet two. I then set
up several new rows that use various functions to provide me with data
derived from the information I exported. This new data is needed to fill
out sales and use tax forms for the parish and state tax agencies. How can
I export this monthly information into a template so that all the
programming does not have to be recreated? I would really appreciate any
help with this. I can send a copy of the spreadsheet if that helps with
this issue.

paul

save one of your old sheets as "master" or similar,delete all the old data
but keep all the formulas and save again this time as a template xlt
file(instead of a workbook).I ussually create another sub directory and save
the template there although if you save the template in the same place you
save your reports it wll save itself there later.next time you go into your
directory you will see master has a yellow band at the top.if you double
click or select new from the right click menu the template opens a copy of
itself,"master1".if your imported data ranges are the same size you wont have
to change your formulas etc.Otherwise you may have to move them to the bottom
of your biggest range or insert your new data rows
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!