-   -   Drop down box with country list (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/28619-drop-down-box-country-list.html)

john liem

Drop down box with country list

Hi Bob,
Thanks for your good suggestion, appreciate it!
John.

Bob Phillips Wrote:
John,

You could easily find a site with all the countries in, and paste that
in,
such as http://dir.yahoo.com/Regional/countries/.

Linking to a web site would be difficult to incorporate in the DD, plus
it
may be off-line, it seems better to me to just copy it down.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"john liem" wrote in
message
.. .-

Thanks Bob, however what I want is a dropdown which we can find in
the
web site applications (e.g. airways ticketing) where we can use
choose
a country using the drop down with a complete list of world's
countries.
In Data Validation method, I have to re-type all the possible
country's
names.
John.

Bob Phillips Wrote:-
Enter the countries in a range (say column M) and then add a Data
Validation
(DataValidation) and select the List option with a formula of say
=M1:M100
or however many countries

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"john liem"
wrote in
message
.. .-

I have an excel application where I need a drop down box with all
the
country' names listed, ready to use (like the Microsoft Date and
Time
Picker Control). Is there a way to get it and how? John

--
john liem--

--
john liem-