-   -   is it possible to Restrict Find & Replace to 1 column (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/28221-possible-restrict-find-replace-1-column.html)

Simon

is it possible to Restrict Find & Replace to 1 column

I need to Find and Replace values in a Column

Same data also exists in other columns - so I would like to restrict the
Find and Replace to
a specified column

I need to do this in a Macro ie. popup a text box

JE McGimpsey

Just select the column before doing the F&R.

In article ,
"Simon" wrote:

I need to Find and Replace values in a Column

Same data also exists in other columns - so I would like to restrict the
Find and Replace to
a specified column

I need to do this in a Macro ie. popup a text box

Simon

No, that dosen't work

Also replaces values that exist in other columns !

This is the Macro I recorder

Sub Macro2()
Columns("W:W").Select
Selection.Replace What:="740", Replacement:="989", LookAt:=xlWhole, _
SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _
ReplaceFormat:=False
End Sub

Other columns with 740 in it are also replaced with 989

"Simon" wrote:

I need to Find and Replace values in a Column

Same data also exists in other columns - so I would like to restrict the
Find and Replace to
a specified column

I need to do this in a Macro ie. popup a text box

JE McGimpsey

Does for me. XL04, XL03.

Your macro works fine as well. Only replaces 740 in column W.

What happens when you don't select:

Sub Macro3()
Columns("W:W").Replace _
What:=740, _
Replacement:=989, _
LookAt:=xlWhole
End Sub

In article ,
"Simon" wrote:

No, that dosen't work

Simon

I'm using Office XP Pro - XL2002 SP2

I'll see if we have a machine 2003 on it!

"JE McGimpsey" wrote in message
Does for me. XL04, XL03.

Your macro works fine as well. Only replaces 740 in column W.

What happens when you don't select:

Sub Macro3()
Columns("W:W").Replace _
What:=740, _
Replacement:=989, _
LookAt:=xlWhole
End Sub

In article ,
"Simon" wrote:

No, that dosen't work

Simon

Thanks

Works ok with 2002 SP3

"JE McGimpsey" wrote in message
Does for me. XL04, XL03.

Your macro works fine as well. Only replaces 740 in column W.

What happens when you don't select:

Sub Macro3()
Columns("W:W").Replace _
What:=740, _