-   -   User Form Still Trying (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/27937-user-form-still-trying.html)

mully

User Form Still Trying

Hi All

In Excel I have a customer list of Name/Address/ Contact info etc - which
individually appear in text boxes in User Form1 when scrolling down the
list -works OK. For security reasons I want to issue each customer a permit
to show on entering the premises. I have opened a new sheet in the workbook
and inserted a new User Form2 with 6 text boxes which are an exact copy from
User Form1.(which has 37 text boxes)
Is it possible?? when clicking on a customers details in User Form1 that the
6 text boxes and assume they are numbered 1-6 could link or paste to User
Form2.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers ------ Mully

Bob Phillips

As long as you haven't unloaded '1 you can do this in the activate event of
form 2

Private Sub Userform_Activate()

With Me
.Textbox1.Text = Userform1.TextBox1.Text
.Textbox2.Text = Userform1.TextBox2.Text
.Textbox3.Text = Userform1.TextBox3.Text
.Textbox4.Text = Userform1.TextBox4.Text
.Textbox5.Text = Userform1.TextBox5.Text
.Textbox6.Text = Userform1.TextBox6.Text
End With

HTH

RP

"mully" wrote in message
Hi All

In Excel I have a customer list of Name/Address/ Contact info etc - which
individually appear in text boxes in User Form1 when scrolling down the
list -works OK. For security reasons I want to issue each customer a

permit
to show on entering the premises. I have opened a new sheet in the

workbook
and inserted a new User Form2 with 6 text boxes which are an exact copy

from
User Form1.(which has 37 text boxes)
Is it possible?? when clicking on a customers details in User Form1 that

the
6 text boxes and assume they are numbered 1-6 could link or paste to User
Form2.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers ------ Mully

mully

Hi Bob

That works super but it then threw up another problem whilst I'm on user
form 2 how can I scroll down user form1 to the next customer. What happens
when I close user2 to go to user1 it clears user1 or in other words when i
log on customer 2 in then go to user2 its not there - I typed in a customers
details in the 6 text boxes on user1 went to user 2 and they were there. If I
put a copy on of the necessary customer details on the sheet I've named
PERMIT - I would need 6 columns no problem would it then be easier for user2
to fill the 6 text boxes??
Problem is what code would I need??? if you gave me just the 1st line I can
type the rest in.

Anyway did you watch the footie last night ?????????? thought the scousers
where goners ( not Gooners ) at halt time

Cheers ---- Mully

"mully" wrote in message
[...]

If I placed User Form 2 in an area available in User Form 1 - when text
boxes 1-6 on User1 fill whilst scrolling through the list could they be
linked to User2 with a command button Print userform2 ?? - that would save
having other sheets in the workbook.

Cheers --- Mully

This is the last hurdle if it can be solved.

Cheers again ------ Mully