-   -   how to make number unique in Excel column? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/27592-how-make-number-unique-excel-column.html)

Bob

how to make number unique in Excel column?

I am entering a long list of ID numbers. Can I get Excel to reject ID if it
has already been used?

Paul B

Bob, you can use data validation to keep people from putting duplicate
numbers in a column, select column A, data, validation, custom, formula: =
COUNTIF($A:$A,A1)<2
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Bob" wrote in message
I am entering a long list of ID numbers. Can I get Excel to reject ID if
it
has already been used?

Bob

Brilliant, many thanks Paul B. I owe you a drink.

Bob