-   -   showing a zero (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/27101-showing-zero.html)

kgm

showing a zero

I want to show numbers beginning with 0 (zero) in a cell
e.g. 0123456.
Whenever I enter anything, I lose the zero.
Help please for a beginner!

kgm

Alan

You can Format the cell as text, (Right click the cell, 'Format Cells'
'Number' check 'Text') before you enter the value, or prefix the number
with `
like '015472. The ` will show in the formula bar, but not in the cell. Note
that if you do this the number will be text, not a true number and certain
functions may not behave as expected'
Regards,
Alan.
"kgm" wrote in message
I want to show numbers beginning with 0 (zero) in a cell
e.g. 0123456.
Whenever I enter anything, I lose the zero.
Help please for a beginner!

kgm

kgm

Thanks Alan,
as the old saying goes - it's easy when you know how !

kgm
"kgm" wrote in message
I want to show numbers beginning with 0 (zero) in a cell
e.g. 0123456.
Whenever I enter anything, I lose the zero.
Help please for a beginner!

kgm

Alan

Your welcome, stay on these groups, its where I learnt 90% of what I know,
Regards,
Alan.