Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Frequency of Unique Values in a cloumn

I have over 200 values in a column, some of them are repeats. Need to
find out how many times each value is present. Thanks in advance!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On Sep 18, 10:54*pm, BetaDocuments wrote:
I have over 200 values in a column, some of them are repeats. *Need to
find out how many times each value is present. *Thanks in advance!

just thought about using Pivot Table. Got my answer! Thanks everyone!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

On 19/09/2011 03:54, BetaDocuments wrote:
I have over 200 values in a column, some of them are repeats. Need to
find out how many times each value is present. Thanks in advance!

in another column, apply the formula (where a:a is the column containing
the 200 values, and a1 is the cell containing the first value. copy
formala down to a cell in the same row as the last value.)
=countif(a:a,a1)
--
Rich
http://www.richdavies.com/ancestry-g...amily-tree.htm