-   -   Retrieve last non zero value in a range of cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/270677-retrieve-last-non-zero-value-range-cells.html)

Pete[_5_]

Retrieve last non zero value in a range of cells

Hi

How do I extract the last non zero value in a range of 5 Cells for
Example:

A1=95
B1=93
C1=98
D1=0
E1=0

From the example above I would require to choose the value 98 from the
Range declared. Some weeks it is possible for all the values to be 0
so therefore I would need the Value in E1 other weeks it may be B1

Would it be possible to return the value I require into Cell G1 in
the example above?

Thanks

Peter

Gord Dibben[_2_]

Retrieve last non zero value in a range of cells

Entered in G1

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:E1<0),A1:E1)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 11:55:19 -0700 (PDT), Pete wrote:

Hi

How do I extract the last non zero value in a range of 5 Cells for
Example:

A1=95
B1=93
C1=98
D1=0
E1=0

From the example above I would require to choose the value 98 from the

On Jun 8, 8:12*pm, Gord Dibben wrote:
Entered in G1

=LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:E1<0),A1:E1)

Gord Dibben * * MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 11:55:19 -0700 (PDT), Pete wrote:
Hi

How do I extract the last non zero value in a range of 5 Cells for
Example:

A1=95
B1=93
C1=98
D1=0
E1=0

From the example above I would require to choose the value 98 from the
Range declared. Some weeks it is possible for all the values to be 0
so therefore I would need the Value in E1 other weeks it may be B1

Would it be possible to *return the value I require into Cell G1 in
the example above?

Thanks

Peter- Hide quoted text -

Brilliant, exactly what I was after. Thanks