-   -   Appending A Column By What's In Another Column ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/270674-appending-column-whats-another-column.html)

Bob[_19_]

Appending A Column By What's In Another Column ?

Hello,

Using Excel 2007

I have some text in Column A
Also some text in Column B

I would like to append the text in column B to what is in column A

In other words, Column A would then have what it originally had
but also, added on or appended, by what was in Column B.

e.g. In A is BAD
In B is CAT

Would then have BAD CAT in A (and still CAT in B)

How do Ido this, please ?

Thanks,
B.

Gord Dibben[_2_]

Appending A Column By What's In Another Column ?

You could enter =A1 & " " & B1 into C1 then drag/copy down.

Select column C and Paste SpecialValues over Column A

Delete Column C

By Macro.................first select your range in column A

Sub qwerty()
For Each cell In Selection
With cell
.Value = .Value & " " & .Offset(0, 1).Value
End With
Next
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP