-   -   where is my personal micro file (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/26768-where-my-personal-micro-file.html)

Tian

where is my personal micro file

I have a new computer. where is my personal micro file hiding in the old? I
want to transfer to the new one. Thanks

Peo Sjoblom

If you are talking about Excel and personal.xls, search for it using
personal.xls
Of course you must have created it in the first place, it's usually in the
xlstart folder

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Tian" wrote:

I have a new computer. where is my personal micro file hiding in the old? I
want to transfer to the new one. Thanks

Gord Dibben

Tian

Most likely in the XLSTART folder.

Do a search for XLSTART on old computer. There may(will) be more than one.

Find Personal.xls in one of them and copy it to the appropriate XLSTART folder
on new computer.

Usual folder for XLSTART is.....

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel

Gord Dibben Excel MVP