-   -   How to give a Numeric Value to a text grade. (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/266793-how-give-numeric-value-text-grade.html)

neilwill1979

How to give a Numeric Value to a text grade.

1 Attachment(s)
Please see attached image. You will see I have a document, which I have to give a text grading Good Acceptable etc. However each of these grades have a value which has to be entered in the total. Therefore I would like to know how to give a score to each text in the drop down list. After I select the grade the score then adds up in the total box. As currently I add the score up manually then add it into the total.

You assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

wickedchew

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilwill1979 (Post 960595)
Please see attached image. You will see I have a document, which I have to give a text grading Good Acceptable etc. However each of these grades have a value which has to be entered in the total. Therefore I would like to know how to give a score to each text in the drop down list. After I select the grade the score then adds up in the total box. As currently I add the score up manually then add it into the total.

You assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

See the picture attachment. Then for the TOTALS, C8 =SUM(C3:C7)