-   -   Problem with copied formulas into cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/265493-problem-copied-formulas-into-cells.html)

AdamMiles47

Problem with copied formulas into cells

Hi I am having a real problem, Im sure its a simple one, but someone please help, Im copying a formula down from an above cell into lower cells however rather than changing the value in that cell to coincide with the formula it is just copying the value in the above cell for example, the formula in A3 is =Sum (A2*A1) Im then copying the formula (By left dragging the formula down) into cell B3 and C3 but rather than changing the number it still has the same one, when I put my mouse on the cell it shows the formula as =sum(B2*A2) but its not right Why

A1 A2 A3
1 10 10
2 20 10
5 60 10

Please help

David of XL Plus

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamMiles47 (Post 958936)
Hi I am having a real problem, Im sure its a simple one, but someone please help, Im copying a formula down from an above cell into lower cells however rather than changing the value in that cell to coincide with the formula it is just copying the value in the above cell for example, the formula in A3 is =Sum (A2*A1) Im then copying the formula (By left dragging the formula down) into cell B3 and C3 but rather than changing the number it still has the same one, when I put my mouse on the cell it shows the formula as =sum(B2*A2) but its not right Why

A1 A2 A3
1 10 10
2 20 10
5 60 10