-   -   How To Link Cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/265416-how-link-cells.html)

MRyder

How To Link Cells

How can I link a cell to another? What i mean is how can i link cell A6 to B6? Say for example i arranged column B alpphabetically, and then cell B6 moved to cell B1 (as it was arranged aplhabetically), is there anyway i could get cell A6 to move to cell A1 aswell?

Thanks for any help

Dave H

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRyder (Post 958813)
How can I link a cell to another? What i mean is how can i link cell A6 to B6? Say for example i arranged column B alpphabetically, and then cell B6 moved to cell B1 (as it was arranged aplhabetically), is there anyway i could get cell A6 to move to cell A1 aswell?

Thanks for any help

Select both columns when you sort.

bala_vb

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRyder (Post 958813)
How can I link a cell to another? What i mean is how can i link cell A6 to B6? Say for example i arranged column B alpphabetically, and then cell B6 moved to cell B1 (as it was arranged aplhabetically), is there anyway i could get cell A6 to move to cell A1 aswell?

Thanks for any help

just other alternative.

create a pivot table and make it ordered by alphabetically.

or

select both the columns say A and B at time of sorting.

please let us know for further assistance.

all the best