-   -   Form to enter data into excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/265356-form-enter-data-into-excel.html)

Nurse Louise

Form to enter data into excel

Hi all,

I am trying to build up a spreadsheet to help with my work. I understand simple forumla like vlookup & how to do a drop down menu, but thats it.

Currently I am entering data onto a spreadsheet that has some text & dates etc to be added manually and also some information that is added via drop down menus. I'm worried that I may overtype something already entered by typing data directly into the main bulk of information.

If possible I'd like to have a form where I could enter the data in my required format, with the drop downs etc, and then have that feed into my main sheet that holds all of the information. The form I am thinking of would have six rows for data entry with perhaps 27 columns, although the number of columns may increase/decrease.

Is this possible? Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks Louise

Wilbur Chua

Google Sheets

Hello! I think it would be best to use google Sheets for this matter, as you can attach a Google Form to the Google Sheet. You can also put in as many entries to the Google form as you want. This is useful for data gathering in general. Then I recommend just export the sheet as an excel file to process to data. Excel functions are more comprehensive than Google sheets so that's a more efficient way to work around it.

For more tips on excel/google sheets/financial models, you can check this out. Hope this helps!