-   -   NEW MENU - List of Files to Open (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/265088-new-menu-list-files-open.html)

cf

NEW MENU - List of Files to Open

Hi,
In Excel 2003, one could to create a new menu and then choose commands for
such new menu. I used to create a list of files to open (different from the
"most recent" list).

How does one do it in Excel 2007?

Thanks.

Gordon[_10_]

"CF" wrote in message
In Excel 2003, one could to create a new menu and then choose commands for
such new menu. I used to create a list of files to open (different from
the
"most recent" list).

How does one do it in Excel 2007?

Thanks.

Depends on the version of Windows.

Bob Umlas, Excel MVP

NEW MENU - List of Files to Open

You would need to customize the ribbon by using XML code - if this is
something you want to do, best to learn it by getting the book "RibbonX
Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon"

"CF" wrote:

Hi,
In Excel 2003, one could to create a new menu and then choose commands for
such new menu. I used to create a list of files to open (different from the
"most recent" list).

How does one do it in Excel 2007?

Thanks.

Gordon[_10_]

NEW MENU - List of Files to Open

"Bob Umlas, Excel MVP" wrote in
message ...
You would need to customize the ribbon by using XML code - if this is
something you want to do, best to learn it by getting the book "RibbonX
Customizing the Office 2007 Ribbon"

There is another way if the OP is using Windows 7 - add the Excel icon to
the taskbar and then you can pin files to that so all you have to do is to
right-click the icon and the pinned files appear at the top of the window.