-   -   FORMATTING A CELL BASED ON ANOTHER (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/258976-formatting-cell-based-another.html)

DebbieSue

FORMATTING A CELL BASED ON ANOTHER

I have a cell that has an amount in it i.e. $4,850.00.
In the cell next to it I have to write out the amount (like on a check) i.e.
Four Thousand Eight Hundred Fifty and NO/100.
Is there a way to format the second cell to automatically write out the
amount from the first cell??

Gord Dibben

FORMATTING A CELL BASED ON ANOTHER

Not through formatting alone.

You must use VBA.

See Bob Phillips' site for instructions and links.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP