-   -   Database fields in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/258002-database-fields-excel.html)

James0007

Database fields in Excel?

I have an order sheet system set up in Word which uses merge fields in tables
to fill in store names, dates, etc. The "database" linked to the tables is
an Excel sheet which I update manually each week.

On every page, below each table, is an OLE spreadsheet from Excel which has
the actual items on the order form.

I'm wondering if I can "eliminate the middle man" and just put the merge
fields into the OLE sheet. Is it possible to insert merge fields into an
Excel sheet and link one sheet to another?