-   -   Percentage format (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/25689-percentage-format.html)

Randy

Percentage format

Hello, in Excel 2000 how do I prevent Excel from multiplying percentage
numbers by 100? In other words, if I type 5% in a cell, I do not want Excel
to multiply it by 100 so it shows as 500% - I want it to remain as 5%. Thanks.

Regards,

Randy

Gordon

Randy wrote:
|| Hello, in Excel 2000 how do I prevent Excel from multiplying
|| percentage numbers by 100? In other words, if I type 5% in a cell, I
|| do not want Excel to multiply it by 100 so it shows as 500% - I want
|| it to remain as 5%. Thanks.
|| Regards,
|| Randy

Format the cell as General or Number - NOT Percent.

--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Gary's Student

FIrst Format - Cells... -Percentage -. OK
then enter 5%
--
Gary's Student