-   -   Calculating averages and not including blank cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/256450-calculating-averages-not-including-blank-cells.html)

mercedes

Calculating averages and not including blank cells

Hello all,

Could someone tell me how to calculate the average of a column in Excel that
has blanks? I don't want to include the blanks in the average. I tried
using:
=AVERAGE(E1:E18)

thinking that it would not include the blank cells as part of the
calculation, but then realized the error of my ways...

Your help is most appreciated!

M.

--
Of all the things I''ve lost, I miss my mind the most.

Bernard Liengme[_2_]

Calculating averages and not including blank cells

But AVERAGE does ignore blank cells
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme