-   -   VBA Functions Excel 2002 (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/25635-vba-functions-excel-2002-a.html)

Sherry

VBA Functions Excel 2002

Please help.
I have created a Function (see below) but regardles of the numbers I enter,
I can only get one result to display. That result is Poor-Improving
Grrrr! What am I missing here? can anyone help-Please!!!

Function EvalAll(OverallEval As Double)

If RecentEvaluation = OverallEvaluation And OverallEvaluation 4 Then
EvalAll = "Good-Improving"
ElseIf RecentEvaluation = OverallEvaluation And OverallEvaluation < 4 Then
EvalAll = "Poor-Improving"
ElseIf RecentEvaluation = OverallEvaluation And OverallEvaluation 4 Then
EvalAll = "Good-Improving"
ElseIf RecentEvaluation = OverallEvaluation And OverallEvaluation 4 Then
EvalAll = "Poor-Interview"

End If
End Function

I have looked at this for so long without success and now I am not sure what
I am doing anymore!!!

Cheers Sherry

JulieD

Hi Sherry

two problems as i see it
one - you're only passing in the OverallEval parameter not the
RecentEvaluation parameter
two - you're passing in a parameter called "OverallEval" but calling it
"OveralLEvaluation" in the function itself

--
Cheers
JulieD
"Sherry" wrote in message
[...]

Hello JulieD

I am sorry but I do not understand what you mean by passing in the parameter!!

I did however pick up on typo of OverallEval that should have been
OverallEvaluation

Any further elaboration would be helpful

Thank You Cheers Sherry

"Sherry" wrote in message
[...]

Gary's Student

How does your macro know the value of RecentEvaluation?
--
Gary's Student

"Sherry" wrote in message
[...]

Duke Carey

The first, third, and fourth of your conditions are the same:

RecentEvaluation = OverallEvaluation And OverallEvaluation 4

and in ALL 4 cases you are testing for RecentEvaluation = OverallEvaluation

How about
====================================
If RecentEvaluation = OverallEvaluation Then
If OverallEvaluation 4 Then
EvalAll = "Good-Improving"
Else
EvalAll = "Poor-Improving"
End If
Else
' this portion is in case RecentEvaluation < OverallEvaluation
If OverallEvaluation 4 Then
EvalAll = "??"
Else
EvalAll = "Poor-Interview??"