-   -   cell value (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/255928-cell-value.html)

Lisa

cell value

I need cells to show values when a check mark is entered. Like if I check
this box then the value is 1.0 - this needs to be in several columns that I
can then add the values together from

John[_22_]

cell value

Hi Lisa
If you're using the Checkbox from the Form toolbar, right click and go to Format
Control.
Under the Control, you can link to a cell, select a cell "Z1" just for
illustration, you can pick any empty cell. That can be visible or not but it
will return "True or False".
Now the cell that will return a value, just type =if(Z1=true,1.0,""),Remember to
change Z1 for the link cell.
HTH
John

"Lisa" wrote in message
I need cells to show values when a check mark is entered. Like if I check
this box then the value is 1.0 - this needs to be in several columns that I
can then add the values together from

Luke M

cell value

Under the forms toolbar, create a checkbox. Format the checkbox to have a
cell link to the correct cell. Returns TRUE/FALSE.
Then have another cell do something like:
=B2*1
to change the T/F to 1/0
--
Best Regards,