-   -   When "IF" gives result of zero (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/255648-when-if-gives-result-zero.html)

drus

When "IF" gives result of zero

In Excel 2000 on a UK keyboard, """" will check for, or leave, a cell blank.
Having used the "IF" function I want to leave the the result cell displaying
a blank . How can I get the same result with Excel 2007?

Bob Phillips[_4_]

When "IF" gives result of zero

It works the same in 2007. What are you getting?

HTH

Bob

"drus" wrote in message
In Excel 2000 on a UK keyboard, """" will check for, or leave, a cell
blank.
Having used the "IF" function I want to leave the the result cell
displaying
a blank . How can I get the same result with Excel 2007?

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

When "IF" gives result of zero

Try this:-

=IF(A1="","",B1)