-   -   excel formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/25527-excel-formatting.html)

JeffDamin

excel formatting

i have a spreadsheet that lists by salesman po's and their value. how do i
create a formula so that i can add all the rows just for a particular
salesman. i do have the drop down list on the salesman header.

JE McGimpsey

One way:

=SUMIF(A:A,"Joe",B:B)

if you want to do this for all of your salesmen, this is a perfect
application for a Pivot Table:

In article ,
JeffDamin wrote:

i have a spreadsheet that lists by salesman po's and their value. how do i
create a formula so that i can add all the rows just for a particular
salesman. i do have the drop down list on the salesman header.

Rodney

Thankyou very much for this link,
It has been on my agenda for some time.

I am apprehensive, and have feelings akin to
my first leap into space from the 7 metre diving board
when I was a kid.

| if you want to do this for all of your salesmen, this is a perfect
| application for a Pivot Table:
|
| http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm

JE McGimpsey

I suspect, like after your first dive, you'll wonder why you were
apprehensive after you play with the PT for a while.