-   -   VBLookup help (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/254813-vblookup-help.html)

Syed Rizvi

VBLookup help

Hello
I my spreadsheet I have three columns;
Task
Activity Codes
Description

Each task have a corresponding activity code with its description.
I am using VLOOKUP to populate corresponding description for the activity
code numbers in the master worksheet. Here is an example;
=VLOOKUP(C44,'Activity Codes'!$A$2:$B$126,2,0)

Task Activity Code Description
Sample Station WSC021 Repair Water Valve

In some cases I have multiple activity codes for a single task like
Task Activity Code Description
Sample Station WSC021, WSI221

Ideally it should populate multiple descriptions with the comma but I am
getting #N/A. I am not sure what should I change in the formula to have this
done.

Any help or suggestion would be highly appreciated, thanks
Syed

JLatham

VBLookup help

#NA! error means that the value in C44 does not match any entry in A2:A126 on
the Activity Codes sheet.
If you are trying to match "WSC021" to "WSC021, WSI221" it simply will not
work. It's not your formula that is the problem, it is the data table that
will need changes.

"Syed Rizvi" wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the response. Codes and descriptios does exist which I am trying
to populate through VLOOKUP. Could you please specify bit more what do I need
to change or investigate.

Thanks
Syed