-   -   External Links (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/254707-external-links.html)

BustedLinks

External Links

I use a spread sheet that links to a number of external spread sheets. The
external links perform well and update the proper data initially but after a
certain number of external links are added they all start failing and
populate with the wrong data (with the exception of the most recently added
links). If I manually click on the end of the formula thread and manually
update the links without changing the formula the proper data will
repopulate. I have not seen any discussion in regards to this problem but am
wondering if this is a bug with excel or whether there is an easy solution to
stop having the wrong data populate the links?