Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default linking documents

I have a workbook and want to take certain parts to make a separate workbook
but I want any changes made on either workbook to automatically update. Is
this possible and how?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Yes it is possible.

Please look at:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

Go to item number 47 towards the top of the page.

Open the 2 Workbooks that you see here. They have the following file names:-

avinity1.xlsx and

avinity2.xlsx

I have set up the above 2 Workbooks so that the fields that are populated in
avinity1 are automatically copied to avinity2.

So if you change cell A1 of avinity1 to read Jan 25th cell A1 of avinity2
will read the same.

Please look at the formula in cell A 1 of avinty2 to see how I have done it.

You can also change cells A 6 to E 7 inclusive in avinity1 and these changes
will be reflected automatically in cells C 17 to G 18 of avinity2.

If you apply the above to your own situation I think that you will get what
you want.

Please hit yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.