-   -   column with (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/25325-column.html)

Roberto Jauregui

column with

how can i have a column have different withs?
first square be a certain size, then the square right under be wider or
thiner for example.

thanks,

Roberto Jauregui

Jan Karel Pieterse

Hi Roberto,

how can i have a column have different withs?
first square be a certain size, then the square right under be wider or
thiner for example.

You cannot. The only way to mimic this is by merging cells (which I do not
recommend because other Excel functions do not work very well with merged
cells).

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com

Roberto Jauregui

Thanks for the quick response.
Well that sucks, I just lost a starbucks bet. :(

That would be a good feature to add on excel don't u think.

"Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote:

Hi Roberto,

how can i have a column have different withs?
first square be a certain size, then the square right under be wider or
thiner for example.

You cannot. The only way to mimic this is by merging cells (which I do not
recommend because other Excel functions do not work very well with merged
cells).

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com

Bob Umlas

And it's "widths", not "withs".
FWIW.

"Roberto Jauregui" wrote in
message ...
how can i have a column have different withs?
first square be a certain size, then the square right under be wider or
thiner for example.

thanks,

Roberto Jauregui

paul

you could turn of the gridlines and put a border around the invisible cells
to mimic what you want ;)
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!