-   -   Excel 2007 chart (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/252919-excel-2007-chart.html)

pcor

Excel 2007 chart

I have a spreadsheet with data in col b starting at row 1 and continuing down
to row 10. I want to have a chart depict the values in row 1 to 100 as I will
be adding data as time goes by.
The trouble that I am having is that although there is NO DATA in row 12 to
100 the chart shows ZERO. I would like the chart to show NOTHING in that area
until data has been added
Thanks

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

Excel 2007 chart

Exclude that area from your chart so in EXCEL 2007 take the following action:-

- right click on your chart

Select Data

In here just change the underlying data so that it only places into your
chart the data that you want it to include. You can then come back and amend
this later as and when you want to add new areas (data) to your chart.

Thanks.