-   -   Calculation within a Cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/25259-calculation-within-cell.html)

Eric Whittaker

Calculation within a Cell

I am trying to create cells that will make calculations for me. For example,
I want to enter the number 140, and have the cell automatically make the
calculation to 30 percent of that number. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Peo Sjoblom

You would need macro for that

If Intersect(Range("A2"), Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target.Value = Target.Value * 0.3
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

will change whatever number is entered in A1

for information see

Peo Sjoblom

"Eric Whittaker" wrote in message
I am trying to create cells that will make calculations for me. For
example, I want to enter the number 140, and have the cell automatically
make the calculation to 30 percent of that number. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Bernard Liengme

Or enter the number in A1 and in B1 use the formula =A1*1.30
The asterisk (star) is the multiplication symbol used by most computer
programs
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme