-   -   Help w/ cell shading across entire column-when a criteria has been (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/251404-help-w-cell-shading-across-entire-column-when-criteria-has-been.html)

lilly8008

Help w/ cell shading across entire column-when a criteria has been

I have a column that I would like to change color once an certain criteria
has been met.

Example:
Column A Cells --A1:A23 has various dates 01/02/09-08/10/09.

A:125 has date of 12/01/09.

Once the date of 12/01/09 has been entered in any cell within the range of
A1:A124 I want the entire column to change color.

Bernard Liengme

Help w/ cell shading across entire column-when a criteria has been

Select A1:A124, open the Conditional Formatting dialog and use this formula
=COUNTIF($A$1:$A$124,$A$125)

If you need more details on Conditional Formatting please tell us what
version of Excel you have and/or visit
http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"lilly8008" wrote in message
I have a column that I would like to change color once an certain criteria
has been met.

Example:
Column A Cells --A1:A23 has various dates 01/02/09-08/10/09.

A:125 has date of 12/01/09.