-   -   My text in a cell disappears when I add more later on in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/new-users-excel/251312-my-text-cell-disappears-when-i-add-more-later-excel.html)

marcy

My text in a cell disappears when I add more later on in Excel

While in Excel when I want to make corrections or add something in a cell
later on, all text disappears when I try to insert the new text

ADB_Seeker

My text in a cell disappears when I add more later on in Excel

Excel is set up to overwrite data in a cell. There are two ways around this:

1. You can double-click in the cell that contains the data you want to
change or add to, and then place your cursor in the place you want to begin
typing.

2. Select the cell in which you want to change/add content to and then
click in the formula bar (where the cell content is displayed) in the place

"Marcy" wrote:

While in Excel when I want to make corrections or add something in a cell
later on, all text disappears when I try to insert the new text

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

My text in a cell disappears when I add more later on in Excel

Just hit the F2 key to edit the contents of a cell.

Thanks.